Riverston Parent & Pupil Charter
So that your child benefits from the education that Riverston School has to offer, it is important to establish a strong working partnership between all those involved.
The partners are the Pupil, the Parent and the School.
Each partner has a vital part to play by being supportive of each other and committed to the success of this partnership.
As a Parent I agree to:
- ensure my/our son/daughter attends school regularly, on time and properly equipped;
- account for any absence by phone and followed by a note explaining the absence inform the school of any problems or concerns which might affect my/our son/daughter's work or behaviour;
- support my/our son/daughter in homework and any other opportunities for home learning;
- attend Parents' Meetings and discussions about my/our son/daughter's progress whenever possible;
- support fully the School's code of behaviour and dress code show interest and support the wider activities of the school.
Riverston School agrees to:
- care for your son/daughter's welfare and establish a code of behaviour and discipline to ensure a safe and caring environment;
- provide a balanced curriculum, enhanced where possible by a range of extra curricular and social activities for different year groups;
- provide programmes of study suitable for the age, ability and aptitude of your son/daughter in line with Curriculum requirements and the Special Educational Needs Code of Practice;
- always aspire to achieve high standards of work and behaviour through building good relationships and developing a sense of responsibility;
- strive for excellence by using its skills, experiences and resources;
- try to ensure that your son/daughter achieves the highest qualifications possible commensurate with their ability;
- keep you informed about school matters and your son/daughter's academic progress through reports, records of achievements and regular meetings, and alert you to any difficulties;
- be open and welcoming and prepared to deal with any parental query.
As a Pupil I agree to:
- work to the best of my ability in all schoolwork and homework;
- behave in a way that does not disrupt the learning of others by following the school's behaviour policy;
- take a pride in my appearance by wearing school uniform correctly at all times;
- be conscious of the need to create an environment which shows visitors a caring community and respect for school property;
- care for everyone in school and the wider community by showing respect, tolerance and courtesy.
As a Community we:
- have the right to be listened to and taken seriously as individuals or representative groups;
- have the responsibility to respond to the views of others courteously and treat each other with respect and tolerance.