Riverston School is part of the Riverston Group, which also includes our sister school Beech Hall School in Macclesfield, Cheshire.
The Governors of Riverston School are the following Directors of Riverston Group:
- Professor Michael Lewis, Executive Chairman of Riverston Group
- Richard Purchase, Executive Director of Riverston Group and with lead responsibilities for schools
- Jackie Harland, Executive Director of Riverston Group with lead responsibility for clinical and therapy services
The key responsibility of the Governors is to ensure that Riverston School has a clear sense of purpose and direction. They are responsible for creating an ethos of high expectation and will monitor, evaluate, support and challenge the School, the Headmistress and the Senior Leadership Team - but won't manage or interfere with the day to day operation of the school. The Governors will ask, and be able to answer, four key questions:
- How well are we are doing?
- How do we know?
- Is it good enough?
- What else do we need to do?